I am Florian Wacker. I write Poetry & Code.
I was born in Stuttgart in 1980 and studied orthopaedagogy before attending the Deutsches Literaturinstitut in Leipzig. I have worked as a carer for young people and people with disabilities as well as in child and adolescent psychiatry. My work has been published by mairisch Verlag, Verlagshaus Jacoby & Stuart and Verlag der Autoren. I live in Frankfurt am Main and work as writer and web developer.
- 2015 – Oldenburger children’s and young adult book prize
- 2015 – Second prize winner Swabian Literary Award
- 2015 – Limburg-Prize
- 2014 – Finalist PROSANOVA Literary Award
- 2014 – Grant from the Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg
- 2013 – Third prize winner Swabian Literary Award
- 2013 – Prize winner at the Wartholz Literary Award
- 2013 – Grant from the Kulturstiftung des Freistaates Sachsen
- 2011 – Grant from the Jürgen Ponto-Stiftung
- 2010 – Second prize winner at the MDR Literary Award